Are you planning on transferring to a four-year university after you earn your degree at Reedley College? Transferring can be stressful, but the Reedley College Counselors are here to help! Many students from Reedley College transfer to Fresno State, but there are many different transfer options to choose from, both in California and out-of-state. Dream big! Always shoot for the dream school you want, even if it is a long shot. You never know, you might get into your dream program. Once you choose some schools, be sure you let your counselors know early which universities you are interested in, as it may affect the classes you need to take.
Here is a brief transfer checklist to help keep you on track.
- Do some research about your program of study. Are the professors good? Do you like the campus culture? Visit the school if you’re able to. Research about financial aid, cost, and the living situation may be important if you are planning to attend somewhere out-of-state or far from home.
- Meet with your counselor to discuss options
- Create an educational plan
- Discuss career goals
- Get advice and help on applications
- Fill out your applications and financial aid forms (make sure to get everything turned in by the deadline!)
- Once acceptance letters come in, choose your desired school!
- You did it! You are now a transfer student!
The Reedley College Counseling Office will be able to help you with any further questions you have about transferring. You can make an appointment, view counselor specialties, and learn more about the Pathways here.
The Reedley College Counseling Office also has more detailed information for transfer students here.
Follow the Reedley College Counseling Office on Instagram for updates and helpful information.